The hot glue was an easy quick solution. You can see the string end sticking out of the flower in this picture and the bead of hot glue I added.
Initially, I cut the lei into two equal pieces, one for each wreath I was making.
The lei pieces were easily attached to the grapevine wreath with the wire pieces I cut. Ribbon was used to hang the finished wreath on my cabinet doors.
The wreath was pretty, but not quite the look I was going for. I took it down and cut a smaller section of the lei, again hot gluing the string in each end to secure it. This smaller section of the lei was enough to cover just the bottom half of the wreath.
Both versions were cute, but I liked this look better for my kitchen.
Command hooks can be used on the inside of the cabinet door to hang the ribbon from, however, I didn’t have command hooks, so I secured the wreaths with painters tape. I did the same thing for the Christmas wreath’s I made for the kitchen last year and it worked like a charm. One of these days I’ll remember to pick up a couple of command hooks because I do like hanging seasonal wreaths on my cabinet doors.